The elements of God’s call on Moses in Exodus 2 & 3.
1 God sees a need
2 God calls a person to meet that need
3 God sends that person
1 God sees a need (Ex 2:23-25; 3:7,8)
• Israel was in bondage and God heard their cries, saw their affliction, knew their sorrows and knew their needs.
2 God calls a person to meet that need (Ex 3:1-9)
• God has called many people to meet needs that existed such as Moses, Joshua, David, the prophets, the disciples and Paul.
• In this instance Moses was the one God called to meet Israel's need.
3 God sends that person (Ex 3:10-16)
• God sends those whom He has called
• Moses was called and being sent by God. 5 times in verses 10 to 15 Moses is sent.
1 Moses is sent by God to liberate the Israelites (v10)
2 Moses is accompanied by God - will be with Moses as he’s sent (v12)
3 Moses wants to know whose sending him – In whose name and authority is Moses sent (v13)
4 Moses is sent by the eternal God (v14)
5 Moses is sent by the God that called Moses’ fathers (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) (v15)